Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Process Post #6












This is my second exhibition mockup, but I realize that there is still a lot of work to be done. Specifically, I would like to make the exhibition more dimensional, so perhaps I could play with the floor and walls. Other than that, I am happy with the overall layout of the exhibition. At the far end of the shipping container, there is a good amount of wall space for Charlie Parker. This wall space is meant to represent the potential feeling of freedom Parker's music offers. He was called 'the bird' because when he played, his soul was as free as a bird. I wish for viewers to feel at peace in this area, relaxing while listening to some of his best bebop songs. The outer area is meant to focus more on bebop movement as an art.

No comments:

Post a Comment