Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Refined Piece #2

I have decided to revise the second component of the project. After class on the 23rd, I felt that my initial revised pieces could be pushed a little further visually and conceptually.

Piece #2:

Most Recent:

Revised:



The revised sketches of the billboard represent what it would look like during the day, but more importantly at night. The billboard would have a unique shape, not the typical rectangle. As shown in the revised formatting, there is a black outline that curves around the lightbulb, this part would be nonexistent to create an organic curve, which would further attract viewers driving or walking. Another appealing aspect about this billboard set it that it is run by solar energy. During the day it collects energy from the sun, then at night it lights up the typography and lightbulb.
Most Recent:
Revised (Ever so slightly): 




This piece remained the same, but I did go back to photoshop to further correct the photographs. This makes them appear more natural.
Most Recent:

Revised:
Initially this piece was to only contain water bottle stickers. I had created original icons for solar energy awareness and I thought they could be put to better use. Therefore, I decided to create multiple types of merchandise that could make the public more aware of solar energy. I begin by creating a logo for renewable solar. I drew inspiration from the social poster as well as my simplistic vector icons. I then began by refining the main icons/pattern so that all icons were readable. After the pattern refinements were completed, I applied it to pins, t-shirts, car stickers, bike stickers, and water bottle stickers.I decided to go further with this piece, because I believe people respond to campaigns that create merchandise to make the public more aware. I believe simplicity is best which is why I continued the vector forms, mimicking the poster.




No comments:

Post a Comment